Welcome to Rillwood Medical Centre
Please take note of the following Public Health information bulletin.
Click HERE for NHS advice for People at HIGH RISK
Click HERE for Govt Advice for People Extremely Vulnerable to COVID-19
Coronavirus Guidance for Employees: Sick Pay and benefits
Click HERE to generate a Coronavirus Isolation Note to give to your employer
Public Health England information for the General Public
Click HERE for the latest Government information and advice
If you have lived with or had close contact (within 2 metres for 15 minutes of more) with a confirmed case of 2019-nCoV , you should use the NHS 111 Online Symptom Checker before contacting NHS 111 for further advice.
If you have a new persistent dry cough and high temperature (above 37.8 Celsius) then you and others that you live with (including children) must self-isolate at home for seven days. This applies whether or not you have travelled abroad. In this case there is no need to call NHS 111 to let them know that you are self-isolating unless your symptoms worsen. DO NOT go to your GP Surgery.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED that you may have been exposed to or become infected with the Novel Coronavirus you should use the NHS 111 Online Symptom Checker or telephone NHS 111. DO NOT go to your GP Surgery.
The advice for affected individuals is to stay at home and not attend work or school. Patients who are seriously ill will be referred to the hospital Emergency Department by NHS 111 or other responding clinicians as deemed necessary.
SYMPTOMS AND WHAT TO DO:
You should look for any of the following symptoms in the 14 days after the day that you return from the following countries / areas:
Category 1 countries/areas
Category 2 countries/areas
Wuhan city and Hubei Province (China)
Daegu or Cheongdo (Republic of Korea)
Republic of Korea*
- persistent cough
- difficulty in breathing / shortness of breath
- muscle pain
- fever (a temperature of 37.8 degrees centigrade or higher)
- Symptoms can range from mild to severe and can be more severe in people with weakened immune systems, such as older people and those with long-term conditions like diabetes cancer and chronic lung disease.
IF YOU HAVE VISITED ANY OF THE ABOVE COUNTRIES AND HAVE ANY OF THE SYMPTOMS LISTED ABOVE YOU SHOULD:
- self-isolate at home immediately and call NHS 111
- if it is an emergency, call 999 and tell them which country you have returned from in the last 14 days
- if you are unwell, but it is not an emergency, call NHS 111 and tell them which country you have returned from in the last 14 days
- all travellers from Wuhan and Hubei Province should self-isolate for 14 days, even if they do not have symptoms.
WHILST YOU AWAIT FURTHER ADVICE FROM NHS 111:
- avoid contact with others
- stay at home, do not attend work or school
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. Throw tissues in the bin
- wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
It is important to remember that having the above symptoms does not necessarily mean a person has COVID-19. The symptoms are similar to other common illnesses, such as cold and flu.
Rillwood Medical Centre is a modern purpose built surgery designed to provide high quality health care. The premises are disability friendly and there is also ample free parking for all patients.
Rillwood Medical Centre and Danes Camp Medical Centre have been in partnership since November 2016. The team of five highly qualified and experienced permanent doctors provide medical services across both sites.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and support staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription.
Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know. You can do this by going directly to our Contact Details at the top of the page or alternatively via the following link to our feedback function. You will need to scroll down to the `Comments & Suggestions' link which is just below our location map. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
Rillwood Medical Centre and Danes Camp Medical Centre In Partnership
Click here to view information about services offered at Danes Camp Medical Centre
(Site updated 01/07/2020)